0

Missed the bandwagon

Posted by HuiHui on 10:12 PM
The running communities are happily talking about tapering down at this point of time, towards the end of the marathon preparation cycle. Relief that the worst is over and all gear up for the coming race. And I was left behind by the crowd, missed the joyful bandwagon. **sob, sob**

Today, by chance I found out my ex-colleague, Chin Chin is also going for SIM, together with a handful of friends! Chin Chin did her maiden marathon in Portland, OR last year with very impressive timing of 4:52:41!!! But it's no surprise at all, after all she is a dragon boat girl. Indeed it’s a small world; she told me that she had been training with SF Tsen all the while. I'm so excited to know that I’ll be meeting lots of friends there, well, IF and ONLY IF I’m going. It’s amazing how many friends we made through running. I remember just a few months ago, that early morning quarantine at SMK Gelugor before the race, we were like two lost sheep wondering around, not knowing anyone, alienated. Now, we have running friends all over the places, even in the virtual world.

Was instructed by the therapist to go for daily physiotherapy for 2 weeks and I’ve been diligently doing it, burning lots of my precious time. :..( You know, hospital, lots of waiting and waiting and waiting, waiting for you.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.