6

Hope for the best

Posted by HuiHui on 9:19 PM
My self diagnosis was correct, but it doesn’t matter. As the sport injuries specialist showed me photos of the sesamoid bones on his computer, I remained silent instead of telling him I’ve seen dozens of them on the internet. Hehe… The second time I went to see him; after taking the x-ray; he even opened an encyclopedia for me. Ain’t easy being a doctor nowadays huh? He said I might need to REST up to 6 weeks. It will be too late by then…

3 weeks ago I thought it’s just another injury, like when you were young, you fell, you bled, you cried, but after a few hours you ran around like nobody’s business. I thought I’ll be up and running pretty soon. Just like last year’s Penang Bridge Half Marathon, I fell down just a few days before the race, long scratches on both of my legs and hands. But it was nothing more than shedding a few tears when cleaning up the wound and no harm to running at all.
Somehow this time it’s different. I’m not going to whine about it. After all, what’s a marathon? Nothing. Injury is part of the perseverance training and I’ll take it with gusto, that’s what I told MH ( next time I’ll be careful of what I’m asking for). However to be true, it’s really difficult to be optimistic. How do I console myself of all the wasted efforts? The mere thought of the vicious cycle of marathon preparation is enough to send shivers down my spine.

Men propose, God dispose. I can only do what is within my circle of influence. For contingency plan, I cycle. Swimming will be better, but I can’t even get pass floating. I cycled for more than 3 hours on a STATIONARY bike today. Still hoping that I’ll recover just in time for the race, but if nothing at all, I do hope that cycling makes running seems less boring next time.

By the way, the doctor said that physiotherapy might help the recovery process. So, I scheduled for one session tomorrow. Lets hope for the best. :)

6 Comments

Anonymous says:

For MH's sake, stop torturing yourself, dear gal! What's with pushing urself so hard? Makes me sad to read it.....

Anonymous says:

ya lor, Tien Ee is right!


For MH's sake?!? He has been clocking in extensive mileage with impressive speed.

If you ask the fellow runners, they will tell you that i'm one of the slackest of the slacker runners around. the regulars run 7 days a week, each time running until they're really out of breath. I "stroll" around the park less than 3 times a week, each time for a duration depending on my mood.

Anonymous says:

yes for MH's sake :)

where got? they don't run everyday lar but just go there everyday to chit chat hehe, they only run on alternate days :P


Got lar.. for sure Janet and her running partners run everyday.

Anonymous says:

nope, Janet doesn't run everyday :P

Copyright © 2009 me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.