http://pmtey.blogspot.com/
One of the thing I enjoyed most during the marathon was to be surrounded by very encouraging people with very positive vibrant energy. Whenever I slowed to walk, some uncle would shout "jia yu" as they ran past me, which never fail to make me smile. So sweet of them! Two guys even gave out free power gel, which I think the funding was from their own pocket. Bless their kind soul! It was very encouraging to see fellow-sufferers who were all experiencing their own individual drowning but yet so determine to continue on. Ever wonder why I can only cross path with fellow sufferers? It's because the muscular hunks were most probably feasting on penang char kuew teow by then. In the beginning and towards the end, there were so many people, especially the "ang moh" cheering for us. :))
Read lots of writing on this marathon. Some dramatic, some victorious and others disappointment. A good preparation doesn't guarantee a good race. There are just too many elements to take into consideration. Anything can happen during the 42.19km. My heart goes out to those who failed their own expectations. No doubt, it's more piercing than the physical pain.