1

Sesamoiditis

Posted by HuiHui on 10:12 PM
With Google, everyone can be a doctor. We self-diagnose and self-prescribe. If you're like me, lazy to run knocking at the doctor's door every time you feel a little under weather, I bet you will do what I usually do; you google.

I self-diagnosed myself to be having sesamoiditis; painful inflammation of the sesamoid apparatus, which is located in the forefoot. Pain, pain, pain. It started innocent enough. There was something pricking my toe inside my shoes when I was running last Saturday . Automatic impulse response made me tilt up my toe to avoid the nuisance. A few steps further I realized that I was unconsciously applying my whole body weight to the sesamoid bones right after the toe, so I stopped running to fish out the irritant. Who knows in that few steps the damage is already done. :( When I continued trotting up and down the hills, I felt a gradual onset of pain localized at the area right after my big toe. 1km later, the pain intensified until I couldn't even walk properly. :((

Now, I hope that's a correct diagnosis. But then again, I've no idea what should I do with it. All the websites warrant a R-E-S-T (a scary word indeed), together with treatment ranging from ibuprofen to surgery. At the moment, I'm just hoping that it will go away by itself real soon.




1 Comments

Anonymous says:

1. get some rest
2. see a doc
3. stop torturing ur own body!

Copyright © 2009 me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.