20

An unwelcome brush with the supposed law enforcer

Posted by HuiHui on 7:34 AM
An innumerous read on the enraged stories from the victims of the man in uniform never prepare me to be one of the statistic myself. I had a cursed encounter with them yesterday afternoon. I was flagged down by a police on bike whom insisted that I was talking on my hp while driving and asked for my IC plus driving license. I pledged innocence, but he lashed me with additional sin of lying and asked me to explain it to the court. He then took my IC and driving license, walked some distance away from me, scribing something on his pad, pretending to be issuing a summon.

Sensing a dead end, I took out a piece of paper and wrote down his name, ID and bike number plate. When he saw that, he called up his accomplice with his hp. After the call, he approached me and started to blubber something like this "I tak ambil duit you, apasal you tulis name I? Tulis, tulis-lar. I tak takut. I sudah tulis tarikh you kena pergi court." I told him I want to make police report to get an alibi and report of been framed. He barked back, "I bagi saman, you pergi court, bukan balai polis. You rayu dekat court. Pergi balai polis, polis tak layan. blah, blah.."

Then the second police officer arrived from nowhere. Same story, he said he saw me talking on my hp while driving. I found my HP in my jacket and shoved it to them and asked them to check the dialed number, received number, received sms and sent sms. They conveniently ignored it and continue to threaten me. The second official even absurdly said that even if I really didn't make any call, he saw me HOLDING my hp while driving and that is an offense itself. What more can I say?!?!? To explain to that crazy police that I'm not that crazy to hold my hp for fun (but not making any call) while driving, is a crazy effort.

So, I asked for the damn summon and my IC back. They refused and kept on slashing me with same old stories. "I naik court 10 kali pun tak apa, memang kerja I. You memang angkat hp tadi. You jangan sombong, tulis name I buat apa? Tulis pun tak guna, I tak ambil duit you. Tak guna pergi balai polis. blah, blah...." I was really losing my cool. My voice raised as every minute passed, which towards the end, sounded almost like shouting on top of my lung. I kept shoving my hp to them, pleading them to have a check. They ignored it like a plague. I asked for the summon, they refused to give either. With all the interrogating and threatening skills that they learnt in the academy, they just want me to admit that I hold my hp while driving!

After wasting my precious 30 minutes, they finally let me go, minus the summon. Talked about the COWARDS!!! Boo... The last parting lecture was to warn me not to be so proud next time as to jot down their names and threaten to make police report. On the hindsight, I think I trigged them off by writing down their names.

What is becoming of our police force? If taking bribe from the offenders is bad enough, how much worse is trying to frame the weaker citizen to extort some money from them?

20 Comments

Anonymous says:

bravo bravo! those stupid !@#$%^@ classic example of their scaring tactics. i guess you really pissed them off when you said you wanted to report them hehe. but shouldn't have give the phone to them. later they simply press some number how?


hmm..that's soo scary lah....is there anyway for us to protect ourselves from "law enforcer"?

Anonymous says:

Buy a camera, like those u see on police cars in US. Record everything down :) then they'll have no say ... kakakkaak... nex time don't simply give driving license / IC to them lor. Give your library card instead... :P


for this case, at least i can ask my service provider, digi to sent them the transcript if i really want to fight for the case in the court.

had they accused me of crossing the double line or didn't wear the safety belt, i really don't know how can i prove it otherwise.


on a second thought, the reason the police keep on mentioning about "tak ambil duit you" maybe because he scared i counter frame him for asking for bribe. if you can't beat them, join them. ;>

but then, i'm not that brave yet lar.. i scared they will take out their pistol. hahahaha....


UJ, can don't give IC and license meh???

They did comment that I'm from Sarawak. Bad luck for them, copy down my address also no use. So if I want to file report on them, I still can do so. They don't have my local address, and won't appear at my door step to harass me further.


ya! lucky no penang address there. but ur kereta plate number registration where ah? can trace o not..sekali see ur car outside he sebarang saman

eh...u still got his number and name? post here..:D


maybe next time tell them. u lawyer. go court SUE & WIN CASES is ur job. they sure backed off. kakakakkakakakaka!

Anonymous says:

Hui, I heard from some other friends also about the same case. same framing story about HP etc.. and the funny thing is all in Penang! could it be the same few police?


really??? so did your friend paid up?

Officer #1: SAMSURI ID:109442 BIKE:PGR8914
Officer #2: MOHD SALMI ID:118585 BIKE:PFA7460

this is interesting. try find "118585" here http://www.ericsoo.com/viewthread.php?action=printable&tid=62017

i wonder if it's the same police, using different bike!

Anonymous says:

You being calm and rational by recording down their name, ID as well as vehicle registration number.

Some info for sharing:
Politely ask " Am I under arrest?"
When you are under arrest if the police
1) tell you "yes"
2) do not allow you to leave/want to take you to the police station
3) handcuff you.
If you are not under arrest, you may walk away/refuse to follow him back to the police station or anywhere else.
(Source: "Police & Your Basic Rights" by Bar Council)

In your case, because your ID is with them, it's more complicated. Else you can just simply drive off. I'm not sure if we are obligated to pass over the ID to the policeme. or the info on the ID will do...

Anonymous says:

ya, my lecturer once said only those with pangkat inspector and above can touch our IC, those mata mata just ask them to see no touch hehe, but they sure lagi scold u

Anonymous says:

Thanks for sharing your story. I have been stopped by police at least 2-3 times although I am innocent! I realized that it's easier to get away if you have a witness in the car.

In one of the ocassions when I was driving alone, they issued me a saman after failing to get bribe from me. So unfair! But I'd rather pay the saman than to give them kopi duit.

Bravo to you huihui! :)

Anonymous says:

I just read one of your comments about you originating from Sarawak. I had the same experience hahaha.

"You budak penang tapi sekarang kat johor. kereta yang you pandu ini... nombor plate NBGXXXX... kereta negeri sembilan. kenapa macam ini?"


mark,
yeah...i was hold to ransom with my IC and driving license.

karen,
similiar case.. sarawakian, with KL car, working in penang. :)

still contemplating if i should really go make a police report againts the two.


my gosh.. so scary. Another reason for not wanting to go back to msia!! :P


i got stopped once..at nite when i was driving around with karen around town. the police was hiding at some dark corner. i think he wanted to 'do something fishy' but i told him i am a lawyer and i go to court everyday (thank god, i have this lawyers' association tag on my car). Immediately, he backed off and remarked on how nice my car is and that, i am really pretty too!! :p the police, i tell you, are the worst bunch. this, i say from experience.


hahaa..yeah.he said: "ah moi lawa; kereta pun lawa" to ccie...


"ah moi lawa; kereta pun lawa" ...aawww, didn't know they can be so sweet. ;>

ccie, you have to teach me the trick, other than the lawyers' association tag and BMW 5 series.


wear the shortest skirt u can while you drive!! that one works wonders. :p and also bring karen along..hahaha she was sitting next to me.

Copyright © 2009 me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.