8

Should I, should I not?

Posted by HuiHui on 7:24 AM

Should I get the Harry Potter book? All the hoo-ha over this supposed best bestsellers and pricing controversy really gets my hand itchy. The thing is, I’m least interested in “cerita dongeng”. Most of the supernatural power and fantasy stories like Pirate of Caribbean, Spiderman and Superman bored me to tears…. what not with the Harry Potter movies.

Take the recent Transformer movie for example. We had a watching-movie-team-building recently and were given choice to choose any movie we wanted to watch. Needless to say most of my colleagues went for Transformer which was hot from the oven that time. From the start, I’d decided to give this movie a pass. Causeless fighting and senseless killing disinterest me to the core and I perceived Transformer to be one of those and so I chose to watch different a show. That was a mistake! For weeks, this Optimus Prime appeared everywhere, in countless emails, blogs, papers, msn icons, tv, advertisements, etc and was the most talked about subject. I felt alienated on Earth. Everyone gave me their two cents worth of opinion that I should really have watched it.

Should we do something just to keep up with the Joneses? As much as I deny myself to be a social animal, I still succumb to it, once a while. **sigh**, my book allowance reached a deficit high this month, with my latest >RM100 book ordering from Amazon just last Friday. So, all those who have read it, tell me, it is really worth it to buy that way-over-priced Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows? Better still, anyone is kind enough to lend me yours?


8 Comments

Anonymous says:

harry potter definitely more fun than those books that you ordered from amazon.com :P


dun bother......do it like me..wait for ccie to finish hers..and she tell me stories..hhahahahhaa..


btw..how much they are priced there? here it's selling at £5 - £8.99


#1 fan,

fun, as in beauty is in the eye of the beholder. lets hope that i'll find those books fun, though i fear otherwise. :p


karen, that fiction is officially priced at RM109.90 (not sure if it's hardcover) and caused an uproar when Tesco & Carrefour are selling them for RM69.90. subsequently MPH, Popular & Times boycott selling it.


yeah.. ccie's room was our private library for years. whenever she come back from oversea vacation, she will bring back lots of books! :)

thank god for her, else i'll grow up thinking that only hang tuah, hang jebat, hang lekiu, hang kasturi, hang lekir + parameswara existed in the world of fiction. (those were the only books you can find in the public library)

Anonymous says:

Easy to decide, if you already bought Harry Potter 1 - 6, of course you must buy #7. But if you don't have, I don't see the point of buying HP #7 only.


hm..its just a hype really. theres nothing great about the book 7. perhaps, just a closure to everything else. an ending. but nah, i didnt like it. i told karen the ending..hahah so dont talk to her or she will give u the spoiler!

Copyright © 2009 me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.