1
growing pains
Posted by HuiHui
on
12:39 PM
in
the little guy
This morning MH teased me of my outburst last night. Yes, I raised my voice while asking Lucas what did he want at 12.15am; after pacifying him for good sometime to no avail. It was a bad weekend, started off on Thursday night ( Friday was public holiday ) with him sleeping from 12midnight to 2.30am and 5am to 8am. The rest of that night, I'll just leave it to your imagination on what do to with toddler in the wee hour of the morning. No fun (for me), that's all I can say.
When he is in good mood and good health, he loves my companion; any other time he will be downright clingy, holding me as his hostage 24/7. I admire those people in the church or shopping complex whom appeared to be meticulously groomed despite having young kids in tow. I usually appear with "orang gila" hair, and am considering myself lucky to have a change of t-shirt from the milk and toddler's food tainted one. For, the time to change usually causes the little guy quite an amount of tears.
To the earlier remark, I can only say I'd gave my best. It hit my ceiling already. For a start, I don't think my EQ is low, so the little guy has it good most of the time and I do not wish my EQ to be ceiling-less either; for it will only create a monster. In hindsight, I might still left him to cry until he puked when he was throwing tantrum. I might still put him in his crib when he was fussing and he ended up toppled head down from the crib. I would still scold him instead of pacify him when he tripped and knocked his head on the bathroom floor ( twice in two days ) because he didn't listen to me. I would still scold him instead of pacify him when he knocked his head badly to the vanity table during one of his fussing on the bed.
When he is in good mood and good health, he loves my companion; any other time he will be downright clingy, holding me as his hostage 24/7. I admire those people in the church or shopping complex whom appeared to be meticulously groomed despite having young kids in tow. I usually appear with "orang gila" hair, and am considering myself lucky to have a change of t-shirt from the milk and toddler's food tainted one. For, the time to change usually causes the little guy quite an amount of tears.
To the earlier remark, I can only say I'd gave my best. It hit my ceiling already. For a start, I don't think my EQ is low, so the little guy has it good most of the time and I do not wish my EQ to be ceiling-less either; for it will only create a monster. In hindsight, I might still left him to cry until he puked when he was throwing tantrum. I might still put him in his crib when he was fussing and he ended up toppled head down from the crib. I would still scold him instead of pacify him when he tripped and knocked his head on the bathroom floor ( twice in two days ) because he didn't listen to me. I would still scold him instead of pacify him when he knocked his head badly to the vanity table during one of his fussing on the bed.
Bad me, right? Yeah, I know. I could be sued if I'm in US. Luckily here in Malaysia, most parents will understand that it's a part of the growing pains not only for the little guy for but me as well.