0
be careful of what i'm telling him
Posted by HuiHui
on
8:38 PM
in
the little guy
I think the little guy is doing better in his receptive language than his expressive language. He usually get his wants with gesture and baby talks. For example when he wants me to change his clothes or disposable diaper he has his way of telling me that. Recently, he gestured to me that I should probably check his diaper. Knowing that he was pooping at that time, I told him we will go change after he finished pooping. He repeated his request and I told him the same answer. The third time, he went to grab a clean disposable diaper himself and passed it to me. :p
Oh ya, recently he started nodding his head too, yah finally! Had been shaking his head for a long time ... e.g "want milk milk/water?" shaking his head frantically and he meant it. Actually, if we don't be too hard on him, zard ( lizard ) and ish (fish) can be considered as two of his first words, as he managed to reproduce them consistently since quite some time ago.
Receptive wise, we think he might understand more than what we thought he could. Just last Saturday, I casually asked the little guy "Yummy or not, the dim sum just now?". He licked his lips. Surprised (because I never ask or teach him that before), I tested him again. Yes, he thought it was yummy - lips licking good!
Last month, the little guy tried to dish out the turtle food from the turtle "pond" at his grandpa house, during his mischievous moment. I tried to scare him by saying "Later turtle bite you, how?" He retreated his hand instantly with sort of terrified and suspicious look on his face. Fast forward, a few days ago, there was this very tamed cat which we encouraged him to go and touch but he was really hesitant. He always wanted to, before this. Did I scared him off or he learnt to be more careful? I admit I was always telling him the monkeys, dogs, inserts will bite him if he goes touch them. Was it my fault? :( Now he's even scared of getting near the lizard which previously he had no squirm on. I really need to be more careful of what I'm telling him because he does comprehend it.