3

Why the cuttlefish doesn't curl?

Posted by HuiHui on 8:16 PM

Trial #1 : Criss-cross the inner side/layer -> cut into 2x, 1y ratio -> blanch in boiling water -> stir fry.
Verdict: Flat as ever.


Trial #2 : Criss-cross the outer side/layer -> cut into 1x, 2y ratio -> blanch in boiling water -> stir fry.
Verdict: Flat as ever.

Did I cut wrongly? Were these species too thick? (I'm not sure if they're the same, one I bought from market, while the other from Tesco) Should I have to blanch longer?
Care to shed some light, anyone?

3 Comments

Anonymous says:

I asked MH's mum just now, she said you have to cut the inner side. cut it into 45 degree with ratio (hahahaha!! sound very funny lar) ratio X-2mm, Y-2mm gua...

Try cut it deeper... and blanch in boiling water till them become curl.

By the way, have you attempted the 3rd trial?

Anonymous says:

oops! I just see closely tehe 1st trial cuttlefish.. Hmmm.. I feel that its was cut too deep.

(I guess only)

I saw MH's mum cut last time, hmmm.. the deepness was like your 2nd trial.

Gambateh lo!!!


nope, no 3rd trial in plan... maybe until i confirm the specie of cuttlefish that MIL's using.

Copyright © 2009 me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.