8

Hong Kong thro' my eyeballs

Posted by HuiHui on 6:32 AM
It was a good trip; finally I get to see HK in real, not through the 6pm drama series. This is indeed a unique city; a city of contrasts where East meets West. I enjoyed most catching the intriguing glimpses of daily life in Hong Kong with a stroll through the city. It’s a world of wonder where the hustle and bustle of this modern city mingles with the colorful age-old traditions of yesterday. The upscale shopping mall and the quaint street markets interweave each others in this dynamic city; which could be attributed to the scant land available.

I was the only color among the masses that don in dark power suite. I couldn’t help but asking myself if black is in again? Did I miss out the color of the season? While the people are depressing, the buildings are certainly not. It’s almost a signboard war with each trying to outdo the other. Food and shopping are plentiful; little wonder that HK is associated with food and shopping haven. However, abundance doesn’t imply the excellence. They certainly do not live up to my expectation for being the best, some, not even good enough! Malaysia is still the best; food and shopping. Well, at least until my salary scale rise up to the level where I can shop at the upscale shopping mall and dine at the awards winning restaurant. Till then, I’m happy with Gurney Plaza and cheap yummy Penang hawker food and not forgetting mouthwatering pasar malam fare as well. :)

8 Comments

Anonymous says:

haha! it's winter mah..try summer. you can't beat their rainbow colour of clothings.


or the super 'stylo' way of their dressing. hehe
have to admit the hongkie girls can be very unique in their dressing.

Anonymous says:

yeah..my friend couldn't stand it. says tat is far tooo weird.


hehee.. i bet ppl in US will be rejoicing in tube and spaghetti strap in that kind of weather. Hongkie are a bit too eager to welcome winter with their latest winter collection. :p

Anonymous says:

hahaha..i bet it's better then UK though..it's like going to funeral everyday. The only colour u can see are those wore by cyclist or traffic police!! bright NEON jackets


so depressing...


haha that's only coz it's requirement. if not kena saman later:P
in NZ, the winter never gets too cold also so the fashion is very different from say in US or Canada or Europe.

Anonymous says:

hor? really? that's a requirement?No wonder they all wore the same. haha!

Copyright © 2009 me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.