0

Happy Deepavali

Posted by HuiHui on 7:26 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I received a forwarded e-mail as below:

GLP!In conjunction with the Lantern festival that Bryan is leading. I think we can do more.I visited Sri Rumah Cahaya yesterday and they are requesting for some help with food donations. Specifically, milk powder, potatos, onions, biscuits, milo etc.I'm not sure how to quantify what is needed, as any excess that they have, Sri Rumah Cahaya will distribute to other less fortunate families and centers (in Taiping for example).
So, I'm suggesting the following:
Milk Powder (50 bags)
Potatos (10 gunny bags)
Onions (10 gunny bags)
Biscuits (50 tins)
Milo (50 bags)
Misc Food Stuffs (TBC)

I like to request for one volunteer each to help focus on one of the items above, and be the contact person for that specific item. Basically send out emails or make calls to people they know who'd like to donate. I've already started this effort myself. Any volunteers?
"Most of them do not add milk to tea or coffee until is it Deepavali, and some do not celebrate because there is no food to celebrate it with..." Kalimah, Sri Rumah Cahaya.
The target is to complete this drive by Oct 13th (Friday) as Deepavali is October 21st.Can you help me?
Cheers,Wiling



Guess what did I get?
.
.
.
.




HAHAHA....for those who know me, I'm No:1 junk food junkie! :p
How to have a joyful festive celebration without junk food?!?!? Simply unthinkable.
Sad to say, the bad habit has infused into my blood stream. That explained the extra inches on my tight. :((

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.