0

blogging

Posted by HuiHui on 3:36 PM
MH said he started to blog because after reading "the world is flat", he wanted to be a producer, not just a consumer. Though I can't see the congeniality between the two, I don't to be left out from this whatever "globalization" thing. :p So, I'll start to scramble some tidbit of the happenings in my mundane life and some random thoughts as it flew pass.

What had i been up to in my life lately?
In the quest to spot check if my brain is still intact (seriously under utilization since EE6003 final exam back in NUS), I've signed up for piano classes. Why? B'coz you need some brain usage with a reasonable speed and multiprocessing capability to be able to decode both treble clef and bass clef at the same time on top of all the performance markings (tempo, rhythm, dynamics, the accidentals, etc, etc) which in turn requires the brain to send the correct signal to the 10 fingers and 2 feet. sounds mouthful huh? yeah... 1 hour daily piano practice had been a painful chores. Each time I feel like I want to hammer my finger for failing to follow the instruction from the neuron and I have the urge to bang my head to the wall for been too slow to read the "taugeh". But well, at least I managed to accomplish what I intended to do - the brain is still there, albeit slow. Hopefully this is only the initial barrier as I've to pick up what I left more than 10 years ago. The piano, I bought it second hand more than 3 years ago for RM2k. Until recently, it had been sitting at the corner of the apartment collecting dusk and doubling up as a place to put the wireless router, house phone, tissue box and occasionally as MH's working desk.
There are at least 2 happy fellows after I signed up for the piano class; first, my piano teacher who is happily pocketing a handsome sum of easy money every month, and second, MH for be able to see the light in the fridge. Alas, I've stopped trying new recipes and stuffing up the fridge with the failed/succesful "samples".

One final note about piano lesson, I hate chord composing (even thought just the bass). argh... hate it, hate it, hate it.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.