1

The rays in the park

Posted by HuiHui on 10:03 PM
No, not a hallucination from endorphin or runner's high. Neither is it the direct beam from the taichi masters. Rather, it's the positive chi radiated by the strangers and acquaintances in the park. If there is this people-of-the-park awards, here's the top three nominees in my list:

1) Naotake Motoki san

Year in year out, without fail Motoki san will be taking a stroll in the park with a plastic bag in hand. He picks up litter as he walks. This little thing that he does, leave a huge positive impact to the park user like me. Imagine if I have to jog in a smelly litter filled park? I really salute and respect him and hope I'll be able emulate his positive deeds one day.



By the way, these calenders and photos are courtesy of Motoki san. Plus, he's even nice enough to send us the softcopy as well. I'll treasure these photos because we seldom have a chance to take a three person photos and these were taken by someone I admire; at my favorite place, with my favorite people, doing one of my favorite thing. :)


2) Mr Quah

Mr Quah is a fellow runner. On his non running days and in the morning, he usually tends the plants in the park. You can see him trimming the branches, tending the uneven track, planting flowers, etc. Sometime after heavy rain, he and the others will be picking up the dropped branches and clearing up the path for the park users. Thanks to him, we have beautiful flowers to admire while jogging in the park. :)


3) Mr Determination

I still haven't find out his name, although sometime we gestured acknowledgement to each other as I jog past him. This uncle, perhaps 90 years old, can be seen tirelessly trying to exercise his coordination-limited body everyday without fail. Perhaps he had a stroke that toiled his body, but his spirit and his determination remain unshaken. The effort that he put into exercising his body is way above the effort that I put into my running. I wish I'll have his determination. Oh yeah... there was once, training for marathon, I was running like a crazy women for two hours plus in the park, and as he walked past by me, he gave me a thumbs up sign which instantly cracked a smile on my lips and brighten up my long laborious run. :)


1 Comments

Anonymous says:

very sweet family photo.

Copyright © 2009 me All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.